Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Photo of the Day - February 28-March 4

So we have this dog.  A big dog.  A big, lazy dog.  Okay, so only mostly lazy...he really does loves being active...really. Loves to run around outdoors.  Loves to chase the kids around.  Loves to go for walks.  But it is becoming apparent that he is entering old age.  His initial response to moving from the couch - "Humph" - gives him away.  The couch is his favourite spot.  I've come to realize that he will move for the right reason.  Never, of course when I want to enjoy a few lazy moments myself in his spot, but for food.  He is the most attentive animal during snack or meal times.  He waits: next to the high chair, nose up, anticipating a fallen morsel of food.

I wasn't planning on focusing this week on Poncho and after Tuesday I realized that it was going to be almost impossible to shoot him doing anothing other than sleeping on the couch.  For that reason I decided to go back a few years and find some of my favourite shots of Ponch, Poncho Libre, Nacho, Pinchy and Paaancho.

February 28, 2011
Paws Pause
Poncho enjoying his usual spot on the couch...snuggled up with a blanket



March 1, 2011
Zzzzzz

Again...on the couch.  I really did shoot this the next day.  As Joe pointed out "good luck getting a shot of him doing anything else".



March 2, 2011
Poncho

I was getting a snack for the kids and I realized that Poncho was no longer enjoying dream land (As I secretly wished to be), he was alert.  I grabbed the camera.  He really didn't move from this spot as he waited for William to abandon an apple piece.



March 3, 2011
Lake
This shot was taken in 2006 when we were spending the weekend with friends at their cottage.  Poncho was just 1 year old, much thinner and much more active.  The previous day he got a little too friendly with some bees.



March 4, 2011
Puppy

This was the day we brought Poncho home.  He was a wedding gift that Joe and I gave each other.  It seems like yesterday...it seems like a century ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment