Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Photo of the Day - January 31 -February 4


This week's photos were much easier to find then last week.  Except for Wednesday, when I couldn't resist this shot of Maria, I went in search of everyday things that I could shoot in an unconventional way.  Here are the results
 
January 31, 2011
My crystal chandelier

I love this fixture.  For years it hung without the crystals attached.  It was filthy when we first moved in and I took them all off so I could clean them.  2 years later, I finally got them all sparkling and love how it looks.
 
February 1, 2011
Fireplace tools

I love a good wood-burning fire.  This was one of the first things we purchased when we bought our home.
February 2, 2011
Snow Day

What does a 3 year old do when we get over a foot of snow...?
 
February 3, 2011
Tea cup

This is just one of the pieces of the set which I got from my Grandmother.  It is on display in my kitchen.
 
February 4, 2011
Pineapple

Who doesn't love a sweet pineapple?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karen,

    I absolutely love (of course) the picture of Maria. From an analytic point of view (once I finished oohing and aahing about how cute she is), I like that the picture is off center--it gives an impression of the subject "moving" toward the camera. I also like that we can only see her eyes, and not the entire face. The viewer, then, "takes part" in the picture, so to speak. We're not entirely sure what she's feeling--is she cold? does she love being outside? or is she bundled up because she simply has to get from one place to another? So, what I'm saying is that the photo is beautiful on a number of levels.

    What I liked about your blog post at the beginning was your explanation that you focus (pun intended) on "everyday things that [you] could shoot in an unconventional way." That is intriguing to me because I know that we all see the world differently from each other--why not celebrate that diversity rather than try to find a way to please everybody (by shooting what you think all people might want to see). Anyway, I think your photography is accomplishing what you are setting out to do. In that light, I must say, I LOVE, the picture of the fireplace tools. It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at (I didn't think to read the caption--something you may want to consider NOT including with your shots), and when I did figure it out, I found that I liked the process of moving from not knowing to realization.

    Okay, enough blogging. Thank you for the beautiful photos. We'll see you soon.

    Love,

    Fred

    ReplyDelete