Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Twins?

Every morning I pack up my 2 kids and take them for a walk with the dog.  This time of year it involves coats, snowpants, hats, mitts, scarves and boots.  As I make my way around town with my double stroller and 100lb dog, most people smile, some say hello and others say "you must have your hands full?!".  The other day, I had the strangest comment. "Twins?" asked a woman as she walked past us.  No - I said.

My kids are 22 months apart.  They do look a lot alike, but twins? I may know why this particular woman jumped to that conclusion.  Occasionally, sometimes, once in a while, I will put my son in a one piece hot pink snow suit!  Embarrassed!  Cringing!  Hiding in shame! Is that cruel?  He has a handsome, blue 2 piece.  But lets be real - it can be a pain to put a 2 piece snowsuit on a 14 month old.

The first time I pulled out that pink snowsuit, I hesitated, but thought what's the harm in trying it.  It was in the evening and dark and no one could tell - right?  I promised myself I would only do it that one time.  But that one-time experiment led to another evening walk, and another and another.  And now I find myself grabbing for the pink snowsuit everyday, twice a day, just to get through the walk.  It has become a real problem - to the point that people stop and comment on my 2 girls and well - ask if they are twins. 

You tell me - do they look like twins?
Copyright Green Apple Photography
Copyright Green Apple Photography
Copyright Green Apple Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment