Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Monday, January 17, 2011

'Takin' Care of Business'

So up to this point, all my posts have been about current photo sessions, or clients or wedding's I've done.  It's time for you to get to know a little bit about me and why I'm in business and why I do what I love everyday.

It didn't start out very easily for me.  I completed one year of a 2 year program at Fanshawe college in photography.  At the time, I knew I like photography, but didn't know exactly what to do with it.  I had shot a couple of weddings by myself for some friends and family - and to be honest I hated it...I hated the pressure and worry and stress of being responsible for once in a lifetime moments. 

When Joe and I were planning our own wedding, we found Calvin Photography.  They are an amazing husband and wife team who enlightened me to the fact that weddings should be fun and creative.  I really had an amazing experience and walked away with even more amazing photos.  I would recommend them highly.  The next year, a friend asked me to shoot her wedding and this time I brought Joe along as my second shooter.  It was soooo much fun!  I loved it.  Having Joe there meant that some of the pressure was off me - and I was able to really enjoy photography again.  Since then, Joe and I shoot all our weddings together.  It really is fun and I can honestly say that all my brides (and grooms) have fun too.

Here are a few photos from that first wedding.


Copyright 2006 Green Apple Photography

Copyright 2006 Green Apple Photography

Copyright 2006 Green Apple Photography

Copyright 2006 Green Apple Photography
Copyright 2006 Green Apple Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment