Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Monday, January 31, 2011

A meeting over coffee

"You meet people who forget you.  You forget people you meet.  But sometimes you meet those people you can't forget.  Those are your 'friends'."

I've always considered my clients to be friends.  Especially my wedding clients.  Afterall, I am spending most of the best day of their life with them.  I'll be there while they are getting ready, as they try to calm their nerves before the ceremony, as share their first married kiss, and as they dance and party the night away in celebration.

For this reason, I take meeting a newly engaged couple very seriously.  I like to meet my clients over coffee. Just like I would with a friend.  I'm not in it for the "sale" or to force them to hire me - I'm really there to meet them, and for them to meet me.  If we click and I can offer what they are looking for, I would expect them to hire me.  If we don't hit it off, I would hope that they find someone else.  This may seem like backwards business, but I truly feel that a wedding is a special day. The bride has chosen a maid of honour, her bridesmaids and of course, a groom very carefully.  They are people that she wants around her on the wedding day (and beyond). I feel like the photographer should be no different. After all, when the toasts have been made, the bouquet tossed and the coffee is cold, Your memories and photos are what remain.  My goal is that your memories will be as amazing as your photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment