Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind. ~Patanjali, translated from Sanskrit

The Window Box is a cute (and very tiny) floral shop in downtown Elmira.  It has amazing window displays and I'm not going to lie, I stare EVERY time I walk by.  I highly recommend you walk by - and stop in sometime.  All this staring, lead me inside the door on a February morning.  I briefly spoke with Christine, the owner, and congratulated her on her newly aquired business.  She seemed lovely.  After visiting the shop and seeing all the great floral wall decor she had on display, it made me want to do that too.  In fact, I used to do a lot of garden photography and I missed it.  Like a good massage, or an amazing dessert, garden photography makes me go "Ahh."  I decided it's time to get back into the garden.  But since it was only February, I had to wait.  And wait. And wait. Finally I got my chance.  I met with Christine last week and she is going to display my floral art in her shop.  I'm super excited.  I LOVE portrait photography, but this gives me a chance to be alone with my camera, quietly in the garden.  It's my photographic yoga.  Quiet, soothing and solitary.


No comments:

Post a Comment