Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Monday, June 27, 2011

How is it that one match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to start a campfire? ~Christy Whitehead

Saturday we set out to our trailer.  Joe on his bike, the kids and I in the new van.  Its amazing to take the kids out there...they play well - together, they stay where they are supposed to, and they sleep really well.  Joe is a regular outdoors-man (with a trailer).  He loves the fresh air, making a campfire and um...well...peeing outdoors (sorry Joe).  We had told Maria that she could stay up for a campfire and a s'more or 2.  So on Saturday night, she patiently sat in her little lawn chair next to Joe, who was attempting to start the fire.  It took a while.  The twigs were wet...very wet and didn't want to light.  Maria, who was beginning to get tired, decided it was time.  "Mom", she says, "I think Daddy might need some help.  He said he's fine, but can you just come over and help a bit?"  I laughed, Joe put his head down and continued to throw newspaper into the smoldering twigs.  That night we had a great fire. A big fire.  Here's a few shots I took on the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment