Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. ~Meryl Streep

As a mom, I'm telling all the dads (and sons & daughters) out there to think of your mom on Sunday.  Really think of her, and thank her.  She has made you who you are today and she is shaping your kids into who they will become.  A mother is tired.  A mother is giving.  A mother is putting herself last.  On Sunday, mom wants to be put first.  And she needs you to be the one to do it, because she won't do it herself. 

I have a young family and millions of photos of my kids(I may be exaggerating, but maybe not).  There are very few with me and my kids.  Holding each other.  Laughing together.  Being together.  I'm usually on the other side of the lens.  I get the feeling most moms are.  Dads - give this to your wife.  Grown sons and daughters - give this to your mother.  It's never too late.

How would you feel about a photo of you and your mother, when you were a child?  Do you have many of those? Any? Look at the images below.  How would you feel about it if you were that baby and you were now 5 years old? 15 years old? 25 years old? 55 years old?  It's not just a gift for mom.  It's a gift for your child too!


No comments:

Post a Comment