Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Monday, April 30, 2012

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." Bruce Lee

This week I made (what I thought was) a big mistake.  I missed a meeting.  I have no idea how it happened and I could blame it on mommy brain, lack of sleep or car trouble - if I was into lying.  But the truth was that I just forgot.  Forgot to put it in my calendar, forgot to set a reminder, and forgot to put it in my brain.  And the worst part is I have no idea why.  After I spoke with my clients on the phone and made arrangements for the next day, I felt like such a failure.  I had wasted my clients' time and quite possibly lost their confidence.

I decided that I needed to make a gesture of apology to my clients and bought them 4 beautiful cupcakes.  As I drove to my rescheduled meeting, my stomach was in knots and I hoped that the four lovelies in the pink box (along with my carefully practiced apology) would be enough to gain their confidence back.  I sheepishly approached them with the ribbon-wrapped box extended, apologized and held my breath.  My bride looked at me, smiled, and casually said "oh it's no problem"  RELIEF! Air flew out of my lungs. 

Although this obviously isn't an ideal situation, it is a chance to learn and grow.  I'm not proud of it, but I easily share it with you.  It's taught me that the people that I connect with in my everyday life and in my business are the kind of people that will happily accept 4 cupcakes and move on.

Photo courtesy of www.marketcupcakes.com


1 comment:

  1. I love this post Karen. I too kick myself as a newbie making bonehead mistakes. Your business will succeed because people will see you are genuine and caring. And that you bring snacks.

    ReplyDelete