Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Monday, April 16, 2012

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~Milton Berle

I stared longingly at my bed.  The pile of blankets.  The soft mattress.  The cozy pillow.  I had just put all 3 kids down for a nap, and my bed was calling me.  But I knew I wouldn't sleep.  I had too much to do.  The house resembled a line drawing made by my 2 year old son.  My to-do list was a scroll of book-keeping, editing and writing to complete.  I knew that whatever I chose to do with my only free time of the day, I would feel like I should be doing something else. I am constantly pulled in 6 thousand different directions at the same time  By little hands and voices, by the hum of the computer, by a pile of blankets and pillows, by the mess in the kitchen, by the dog at the door, by my husbands arms, by life.  Life has a way of feeling like a tornado most all a lot of the time. I have to remind myself that I'm so lucky that these are the problems of my day and that I have the choice to jump into bed and cover myself with the blanket.

Here are a few shots of my little hands and little voices!








No comments:

Post a Comment