Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Photo of the Day - January 24-28

When I first started this "assignment" I thought it would be easy.  Snap a photo each day. Post it on facebook. Write about it.  Easy!?  Not so much.  I don't want to just snap a photo, I want to be inspired to take that photo in the first place.   My kids are easy "go-to" subjects but I wanted to find something else. Something that I consider beautiful -or can make beautiful with my camera. I'm looking for inspiration in everyday things or everyday moments. 

Here are this week's images.

January 24, 2011
Maria's 3rd Birthday Cake

Joe has always made the kids' cakes for them.  He does an amazing job - right down to the home-made fondant icing (which was delicious too).  He spends hours on them and the reaction is worth it!  When Maria woke up from her nap to find her finished cake she asked Joe if she could just sit and look at it for a bit.  She was at the table for almost 30 minutes.



January 25, 2011
My Desk - The tidiest part

I've never really been a tidy worker.  It's just the way I am.  I need to spread out, make scribble notes and stack papers.  This portion of my desk is the only part where you can actually see the desk - the rest is currently covered in... stuff.



January 26, 2011
Maria swinging at the farm

Last year we got a trailer where we could spend sometime in the great outdoors with our kids.  It's a place where Joe spent most of his childhood summers.  This photo was taken this past summer while Maria spun around on the ... I don't even know what it is called.  This photo sort of breaks the rules of my "photo of the day" since I didn't actually take it on the 26th...but the past few days have been FREEZING and it made me feel warm - so there - rule broken!

January 27, 2011
William in his crib - from the outside, looking in

Joe got this amazing shot of William.  I was feeling especially uninspired yesterday when I set out to complete my assignment.  Let's blame it on all the accounting I've been doing lately.  Anyway, when William first wakes up from his nap, he likes to play in his crib and roll around a bit - he thinks it's funny and so do we.  Look how proud he is of himself.


January 28, 2011
William - Santa makes a surprise visit

William is the messiest 1 year old eater ever.  He is known in the family for being especially careless with his cuisine. Maybe because he generally feeds himself, maybe because he's one, or maybe, unfortunately this is the "tidy" trait he gets from me.  But he has fun and that's important to me.  So he wore his breakfast this morning, I couldn't resist posting it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment