Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along. ~Margaret Culkin Banning

The other day I was getting together with my sister and an old friend from highschool. It was raining, cold and yucky outside. You know, usual January weather in Canada. Instead of walking to my sister's place, which is less than 10 minutes, I decided to drive. It was much easier to pack the 3 children (3 and under) into the van, then walk in that weather. When I arrived, my old friend and mother of a 21 month old said, "You are amazing!" My immediate response was "oh no...it's nothing. I'm not amazing". But right then and there I decided I was amazing. I am amazing. I will always be amazing. For getting 3 children out the door, for staying at home with them while running my business and my house, and for doing it with style. Even if that style means spit up on my shoulder, or syrup in my hair. Thank you Sam for recognizing me and all the moms out there for doing what we do everyday. It is AMAZING!

Here's a few cute photos of my amazing kids.


Here's an article I came across, which I found amusing and truthful!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/dont-carpe-diem_b_1206346.html

2 comments:

  1. So true Karen. You are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. moms are amazing and we dont celebrate ourselves nearly enough. Thank you Karen, for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete