Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Best winter activities in Waterloo Region. Elmira Family Photographer

A few weeks ago I asked fans on my facebook page about their favourite local winter activities for families.  Afterall, we live with the snow for nearly half the year - we should probably try to enjoy it.  Here are a few great ways to spend winter with your family.

One of the most mentioned was Winterloo.  Complete with everything we love about winter... "dog sled rides, ice sculpting, 4-on-4 hockey, great art activities at the Button Factory, free public skating, free family movies, and a great Chili cook-off featuring some of Waterloo’s top eateries… there’s something for everyone!"  Spend Family day weekend - February 14-16, 2015, from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily, in Uptown Waterloo. For more information, please call us 519.885.1921.

Also topping the list was tobogganing and tubing.  There are some great local hills including Columbia Lake in Waterloo, Bolender Park in Elmira and a favourite spot - Elmira Golf Club.  But these are just a few spots I've been to with my family...do you have a fave spot - let us know in the comments below.

Tobogganing not enough of an adrenaline rush - check out Chicopee Tube Park .  A great winter activity for the whole family.  I've never been, so fill me in on it's awesomeness in the comments!!!

What about winter hikes, cross country skiing, or walks with the dog?  You can find some of the best trails in Woolwich Township for all these activities. 

As much as I love winter, I have to say that a good book, warm fire and cozy blanket would do just fine too! Enjoy your winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment