Welcome to the Green Apple Photography Blog. By viewing my stories and images, you will get a glimpse into my shooting style and personal experiences. My mission is to get you excited about your family portraits, about the moments I capture of your gorgeous children and the beauty of your pregnant body. I want you to share them with your friends and family and to see quality and artistry in every image.

For the many people who share their comments, stories, and lives with me, thank you!

Monday, June 20, 2011

"I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich."

As I walked into the back patio of Nancy and Fred Kinsie's gorgeous home, I was greeted by a table full of family and an offering for some cake and a drink.  I accepted the cake, but regretfully turned down the drink...after all I was working. The family had gathered to celebrate father's day and 2 family birthdays.  The mood was all about fun, I felt right at home.  In runs shy, sweet little G, who hid her face in dad's chest and whispered in his ear.  G is the same age as my Maria and just as shy.  When the opportunity came up, I asked her if she wanted to take some special pictures all by herself.  I was hoping to bring her out of her shell, quietly - just the 2 of us.  Mom and dad were only a few feet away, but it made all the difference.  We discussed Dora and the new Disney movie Tangled - and I managed to snap a few adorable shots of her.

The last few shots of the evening were of Nancy and Fred.  I asked them about their family - they all seemed so close.  They responded " we don't know how we did it".  Darn...I was looking for some answers.  How do you keep a family so close all these years later?  I suppose it has something to do with dinners on the back patio and creating a mood of love, energy and fun.  It was a pleasure to photograph this wonderful family. 




To see a few more of my favourites, please visit the Kinsie family page

No comments:

Post a Comment